State and Local Resources
Recommended books in the Minuteman Library Network
Books for Adults
- Alice Bliss / Laura Harrington. Overdrive eBook
- Blue stars : a novel / Emily Gray Tedrowe.
- Durable goods : a novel / Elizabeth Berg. Overdrive eBook
- Home front / Kristin Hannah. Overdrive eBook digital audiobook
- In a book club far away / Tif Marcelo.
- The military wife : heart of a hero novel / Laura Trentham.
- The Yokota Officers Club : a novel / by Sarah Bird.
- You know when the men are gone / Siobhan Fallon. Overdrive eBook digital audiobook
- The astronaut wives club : a true story / Lily Koppel. Overdrive eBook digital audiobook
- Be safe, love mom : a military mom’s stories of courage, comfort, and surviving life on the home front / Elaine Lowry Brye with Nan Gatewood Satter. Hoopla digital audiobook
- Coming back together : a guide to successful reintegration after your partner returns from military deployment / Steven L. Sayers, PhD ; foreword by Keith Armstrong.
- Dinner with the Smileys : one military family, one year of heroes, and lessons for a lifetime / Sarah Smiley ; photographs by Andrea Hand.
- The league of wives : the untold story of the women who took on the U.S. Government to bring their husbands home / Heath Hardage Lee.
- Raising children in the military / Cheryl Lawhorne-Scott, Don Philpott, and Jeff Scott.
Books for All Ages (selected by the Lincoln Library children’s librarians)
- Brave Like Me / Barbara Kerley.
- Coming home / Greg Ruth.
- Don’t forget, God bless our troops / Jill Biden ; illustrated by Raúl Colón. Overdrive eBook
- H is for honor : a military family alphabet / written by Devin Scillian ; illustrated by Victor Juhasz.
- Hero dad / by Melinda Hardin ; illustrated by Bryan Langdo.
- Hero mom / by Melinda Hardin ; illustrated by Bryan Langdo.
- Parents here and there : a kid’s guide to deployment / Marie-Therese Miller.
- Poems in the attic / by Nikki Grimes ; illustrations by Elizabeth Zunon.
- What it’s like to be us : memoirs by military kids / by the Sixth Graders at Hanscom Middle School 2014-15.
- Army brats / Daphne Benedis-Grab.
- Fish in a tree / Lynda Mullaly Hunt. Overdrive eBook digital audiobook
- If I ever get out of here / Eric Gansworth. Overdrive eBook digital audiobook
- Operation Yes / Sara Lewis Holmes.
- Piper Reed, Navy brat / Kimberly Willis Holt ; illustrated by Christine Davenier. digital audiobook
- The Saturday boy / David Fleming.
Books About Moving
- Bad bye, good bye / written by Deborah Underwood ; illustrated by Jonathan Bean.Bad bye, good bye / written by Deborah Underwood ; illustrated by Jonathan Bean. Overdrive eBook
- Evelyn Del Rey is moving away / Meg Medina ; illustrated by Sonia Sánchez. Overdrive eBook digital audiobook
- Goodbye, friend! Hello, friend! / Cori Doerrfeld.
- In a jar / Deborah Marcero.
- McTavish on the move / Meg Rosoff. (chapter book)
- A new home / Tania de Regil.
- Military Families Booklist PDF