The Library has two spaces for art shows; the most prominent is "The Gallery" on the first floor. Four-week exhibits include Lincoln Schools, The Lincoln Cultural Council and other town groups, as well as individual shows. The second space is in our "Stay-Put" Coffee area located in the lower level.
In July 2016 the Library Trustees approved an updated Art Gallery Exhibit Policy, creating an Art & Exhibit Committee to receive and select proposals for Gallery exhibits.
- Digital images, photographs, DVD’s, CD’s, website, or samples of the exhibits proposed.
- A résumé or artistic statement about the exhibitor’s work including: name, contact information, email address, street address, phone number and date, if any, of previous showings at the Library.
- A list of the seven months in the following year the exhibitor can show.
- The name and contact information for the installer of the exhibit.
- A signed Release and Indemnification Agreement for Art Exhibitions.
The Art & Exhibit Committee recommends to the Library Director exhibits of appropriate quality, scale and content. Recommendations will be based upon artistic quality, diversity in the menu of exhibits for the year, and particular relevance to Lincoln. All work must be original. The submitting artist must be available to exhibit for one of at least seven months of the year being requested. Exhibits will be on display for approximately four weeks. An artist may exhibit once every three years.