Library will be reopening to the public on Saturday, January 22nd at 10:00 am
Quick look at what services we can and cannot offer....for more details see below
What's Not Available
|Public Access to building||No inside returns|
|Photocopier & printer||****Direct access to the Lincoln Historical Room & Lincoln Library Vault|
|Self-checkout via MLN app||Children's computers|
|Library programs via Zoom|
|Friends of the Library book cart sales|
|Outside book drop returns|
|Reference and reader's advisory services|
|Minuteman Library Network Materials|
|Library of Things|
|**Museum Passes Patrons should contact each museum for
their reopening reservation system and COVID-19 guidelines
|Wi-Fi Access available on library grounds|
|Comcat ILL reserve system|
|World Cat & OCLC requests (please contact reference librarian)|
|Children's Play Area|
April 15, 2022 Update to Mask Recommendation:
Due to recent data showing an increase in positive COVID-19 cases, the Board of Health members voted last night to strongly recommend that people wear masks in public indoor spaces until early May as we see how the infection rate from the new BA-2 variant evolves over the next few weeks after spring vacation.
More information is available on the town website here.
Please return all library materials prior to entering the building.
- Museum Passes are available for borrowing . Please check with museum prior to booking your pass to check on their COVID-19 regulations and respective reopening plans.
- June 21, 2021 Update: After consulting with the Lincoln Public Health Nurse and under CDC guidelines the Lincoln Library will no longer be quarantining items for 24 hours.
- The children's play area has reopened. Limited selection of toys are available.
- Public computers have been removed from the children's area
- We are starting to move our furniture back into place!
What about upcoming library programs?
- We have shifted most of our programming to Zoom; however, a number of programs have returned to in-person in the library. Please see the calendar for program details.
- All scheduled programming will continue as planned. Please visit our calendar for a complete listing of programs
- The Lincoln Public Library Trustees have voted to remove fines on most library materials for Lincoln materials borrowed here at the library. For more information please click here
- To pay for overdue fines from other libraries we encourage patrons to pay online through the Minuteman Library website
Room occupancy limits have been removed.
- Some of the book stacks are located in small enclosed areas; please try and maintain a safe distance from other patrons. We are all adjusting to our "new normal" and some patrons may need more space than others.
All decisions are guided by information from the Board of Library Commissioners, The Massachusetts Library System, The Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Lincoln Board of Health. These services and policies are subject to change according to our discretion and local/state guidelines. We reserve the right to make adjustments according to the safety needs. While we have increased our cleaning of common surfaces we can not guarantee that surfaces are COVID-19 free.
Thank you for your patience as we find new ways to serve you!