Welcome to our vibrant, warm Children's Department. We pride ourselves on friendly service, fun programming and something for
Farewell to Jane!
Please join us for a farewell reception on Friday, Sept 28 at the Lincoln Public Library from 4-6 pm to wish Jane Flanders, Lincoln's beloved Children's Librarian, well as she retires from the library after 31 years. Musical entertainment from 4:30 – 5:30 and refreshments sponsored by the Friends of the Lincoln Public Library, Inc.
Recurring Programs Throughout the Year
Sing-Along with Ed Morgan!
- Come join us the first Friday of every month beginning Oct 5 at 3:30 pm for singing and dancing for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.No registration necessary.
Story/activity program every Thursday at 10AM for infants to 24 months using simple books, nursery and bouncing rhymes, music, and puppetry. Begins September 20, 2018. No registration necessary.
Rock and Read Preschool Storytime
- A lively story program that combines books, music, scarves, and shakers. Come prepared to dance! Every Tuesday at 11AM beginning September 18, 2018. Recommended for ages 0-5. No registration necessary.
Kids Lego Club
Build and create structures. We provide the legos. You provide the creativity! For ages 4 and up. First Wed of the month, October through April. 4:00-5:00 Drop in.
Together Time Tales!
- For children in grades 2-3 & their parents
- Families receive one copy of the book to read together.
- Books available 2 weeks prior to meetings.
- From October - June, first Monday of the month from 6:00-6:45 PM
Books and Bites (4-6 Grade Book Group)
- For kids in grades 4-6 who like to read and want to talk about what they are reading! Books available two weeks prior to the meeting.
- No registration necessary.
- Snacks provided.
- October - May on the second Thursday of the month from 3:30—4:15. **NOTE - change in 4-6 book group schedule this year**
- If your child struggles with reading or is hesitant to read aloud, please bring him or her to the library and let Lexie help.
- Lexie is a member of Pets and People and is trained to work as "Tail Waggin'" Tutors with children!
- They'll listen to your child read and help to develop their reading confidence.
- To make an appointment call the children's department at 781-259-8465 x4.
Funding for programs provided by the Friends of the Lincoln Library